Cookies are small text strings stored on your computer when you visit certain pages on the Internet.
Cookies are not harmful to your device.
In the cookies we generate we do not store personal identifying information such as details on credit cards, but we use encrypted information gathered from them to improve your experience of the site. For example, they are useful to identify and resolve errors, or to determine relevant related products to be shown to the visitor during navigation.
Cookies can perform various functions, such as allowing you to navigate between different pages efficiently, remembering preferences, and in general they can improve the user's experience.
Further information about cookies can be obtained on the websites: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Please note that to be able to order products on the arena Online Shop (www.arenasport.com), you must have cookies enabled. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can still browse the Site and use it for research purposes, but navigation could be affected if some features may be disabled. In most browsers with cookies enabled, you will find the information you need to change the setting of cookies.
These cookies are essential to allow you to surf the Site and use its features, such as access to restricted areas of the website. Without these cookies, it is not possible to provide the services requested, such as the shopping cart or e-billing.
The strictly necessary cookies are used to store a unique identifier to manage and identify each user as unique in relation to any other users who may be visiting the Site at that same time. The purpose is to give the user a consistent and personalized service.
Some examples include:
- The memory of previous actions (e.g., entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session;
- The management and passage of security tokens for different services within a website to identify the visitor's status (for example, registered or unregistered);
- The maintenance of tokens to use restricted areas of the website;
- The routing of customers towards specific versions / applications of a service, as may be necessary during a technical migration process.
These cookies can be Arena S.p.A.'s or partner sites’ session or persistent cookies; their use is limited to the performance and improvement of the website features. These cookies collect information on how a visitor uses the Site, such as the pages visited. These cookies do not collect information that can identify the user. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated in an anonymous form and is only used to improve the functionality of the Site.
Some examples include:
- Web Analytics, the collected data are solely limited to the use of the website by an operator, to manage the performance and structure of the Site. These cookies may be third-party cookies, but the information will be used solely by those assigned to publishing of the visited website;
- Tracking affiliates by Arena Online Shop partners (www.arenasport.com) - cookies are introduced by partners and used by them exclusively to know if the user coming from another site has performed the purchase of a product or service on Arena Online Shop (www.arenasport.com);
- Error handling - measurement of errors that occur on the Site; this function will usually support the improvement of services or claim management and will generally be strictly linked to web analytics;
- Testing of different website page structures - Tests on variations in the structure, generally using A/B or multivariate testing, to ensure that the Site maintains a consistent aspect for users during current and subsequent sessions.
These cookies can be Arena S.p.A.’s or partner sites’ session or persistent cookies. These cookies are usually the result of a user action, but they can also be implemented when providing a service not specifically requested but simply offered to users. They can also be used to prevent a previously offered and rejected service from being proposed to the same user. Furthermore, these cookies allow the Site to remember user choices (such as user name, language, country of origin, etc.). All information gathered by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track user behaviour on other websites.
Some examples include:
- remembering the settings that a user has applied to a website such as layout, font size, preferences, colours, etc.;
- remembering a choice so that users are no longer requested to fill out a questionnaire;
- detecting if a service has already been offered, such as offering a tutorial during subsequent visits to the website;
- providing information to allow access to an optional service such as the offer of a live chat session;
- fulfilling a user request such as submitting a comment.
Third-party cookies for marketing / re-targeting
These cookies are used by Arena S.p.A.’s partners, in order to display Arena S.p.A.'s promotional banners when you are visiting other sites, showing the latest products you have viewed on the sites of Arena S.p.A.. While browsing Arena S.p.A., these cookies are also used to show products you may be interested in or any products similar to those that you have viewed in the past, based on your browsing history.
The use of these cookies does not involve the processing of personal data, but it can allow access to your computer or other devices and track the data stored: these cookies connect to the browser installed on your computer or other devices used when surfing our Site.
Below is a list of third-party cookies for marketing / re-targeting purposes on our Site:
How can I disable cookies?
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can also choose not to accept them. It is recommended not to disable this function, since this may prevent you from moving freely from page to page and enjoy all the features of the Site.
If you do not want your computer to receive and store cookies, you can modify the security settings of your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.). In any case, please note that certain sections of our Site can only be used to their full capacity if your browser accepts cookies; otherwise you will not be able to add products to your cart and purchase them (for example). Accordingly, your decision to remove and not accept cookies may have a negative effect when browsing our Site.
If you wish to change your cookies settings, using the settings of the various browsers: here are some brief instructions on how to do this in the four most popular browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Click the 'Tools' icon in the upper right corner and select 'Internet Options'. In the pop-up window select 'Privacy'. Here you can adjust the settings of your cookies.
Click the 'wrench' icon in the upper right corner and select 'Settings'. Then select "Under the hood" and change the settings in the 'Privacy' section.
From the pull-down menu in the upper left corner, select 'Options'. In the pop-up window select 'Privacy'. Here you can adjust the settings of your cookies.
From the pull-down menu in the upper right corner, select 'Preferences'. Select 'Security' and from here you can adjust the settings of your cookies.
For detailed information on the necessary steps you can refer to the help guide of the browser. For an overview of the most common browsers, visit http://www.cookiepedia.co.uk/index.php?title=How_to_Manage_Cookies or http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage or disable any third-party or marketing / re-targeting cookies, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com.
To disable analytical cookies and prevent Google Analytics from collecting your navigation data, download the browser add-on to disable Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Accepting or refusing cookies
Data retention time
The cookies managed by Arena S.p.A. have a duration of 3 months. The cookies managed by third parties follow the retention times specified in the respective cookies information.
Any inquiry or exercise of rights should be directed to: email@example.com
The Data Controller is Arena S.p.A., Contrada Cisterna, 84/85, 62029 Tolentino (Macerata, Italy) Telephone +39 0733 956 200, fax +39 0733 974 682, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.