arena collaborated with SAMS (Shark Attack Mitigation Systems) to produce the world’s first wetsuit for open water swimmers and triathletes that uses unique technology specifically designed to reduce the risk of shark attack. This technology is the direct result of research conducted by a team of respected shark researchers. In order to understand exactly how sharks see under water, specialized molecular biology techniques were used to study the genes responsible for coding the retinal visual pigments found in the eyes of large sharks. Using the results of this research, a structured set of patterns was designed to be unrecognizable to a shark or to resemble something other than its natural prey. The scientific data from this initiative was then applied by arena and SAMS to create the unique banded design in the arena SAMS wetsuit, to ensure maximum effect.
* WARNING: all sharks are dangerous unpredictable creatures and water-based activities in the presence of sharks is inherently dangerous. SAMS technology cannot guarantee prevention of possible shark attack. If you should see a shark, we recommend leaving the water immediately.
In order to ensure that your Arena product provides you with the best possible performance for a long time to come, we recommend you take the following precautions:
- rinse immediately after use, in non-chlorinated water;
- do not leave the wet product in a bag or other container for a long time;
- do not expose the wet item in a bag or other container to direct sunlight;
- air-dry away from heat sources.
Follow the washing instructions given on your product label.
The label provides useful symbols giving information on how to take best care of it.
HAND WASH ONLY
DO NOT DRY CLEAN
DO NOT BLEACH
DO NOT MACHINE DRY
DO NOT IRON